Thursday, April 25, 2013

Surprise Strawberries

I may not be any good at gardening. I don't know, it's really too soon to tell.

For starters though, I planted my tomatoes in mid-late April. The last frost is May 10th, so I might have to tuck my 'maters in with widdle blankets. They already have some frost damage, but I think they are okay so far. There's that.

My lettuce (or maybe carrots, not sure) is starting to sprout- which is exciting. However, if the weather gets cold overnight, I may be less happy about this. As long as they were in seeds, they were okay.

BUT. Here's the awesome part. Strawberries grew on their own! I mean, I'm sure upstairs dude planted them last year, and they just came back- but I probably wouldn't have tried to grow strawberries and they are doing the best out of all the plants so far. I have three plants in the garden, and there are several in the yard too. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! It is a bit one-sided at the moment...