Saturday, June 1, 2013

Update on the Garden!


This stuff is the secret to my very modest success. I used my food processor to chop up some pablano peppers and let them steep in water overnight, then strained the water into an old spray bottle. I added a little bit of oil too, as I'd heard there were some bugs that didn't like that. I take it out with me every few days and spray down my plants. I know it makes a difference, because when I forgot to spray some plants I put on the other side of the house for a few days, they were eaten alive!


 The rest of this post is really just pictures.

Lettuce! This is the best growing patch.

This is what a strawberry looks like when you have thieving squirrel neighbors.

The plant in the middle is a broccoli (I think)

This was the smallest of my tomato plants that barely made it to the first rung when I planted it.

Lettuce and carrots!

This tomato has also grown tremendously.

baby tomato!

Not so baby tomatoes, though still too green to eat.

The tall sprout there is a Sunflower from a very amazing and lovely friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! It is a bit one-sided at the moment...