Saturday, June 8, 2013

Rain Barrel

My friend Jenny helped me make a rain barrel. If you'd like to make one yourself, you can find directions here: http://www.cityofbremerton.com/content/sw_makeyourownrainbarrel.html.


I don't yet have it connected to the downspout you can see in the corner, as the roof is being painted this week, but after a few good rains, I intend to get everything fully functional. As it is, I can fill the barrel with a bucket, and water my garden with a hose. Which sounds like a pain, but it isn't as bad as watering the garden with the bucket. 


When I say my friend Jenny helped me, I mean that she helped me, and gave me bits of her house so I had to buy less at Lowes (In addition to knowing how to put it together, and wandering through Lowes with me making terrible innuendoes . Which is how I have part of a window screen attached here at the top. Also, you can see that I zip tied my hose rack on there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! It is a bit one-sided at the moment...