Thursday, August 19, 2010

Crazy



I LOVE this song. It doesn't matter where, when, or what has just happened, hearing this song always makes me feel better. I can listen to this song on repeat for hours, and still love it. Trust me. I've done it. It doesn't fix my problems, but it helps me get to a place of inner peace, where everything is easier to deal with. There are plenty of other songs that I love, some that make me feel happy, and even a few others that I can listen to with such frequency- but "Crazy" is the best.


There are many covers of "Crazy". This is fact.

Ray Lamontagne's cover is the only good cover. This is opinion, but I believe it so wholeheartedly, it might as well be fact. O.O





I don't like this one. Sorry Nelly.



I'm not sure about this one. It's beautiful, but it doesn't have vocals, AND isn't entirely done on the violin.



I love P!nk, and this cover isn't bad... but it doesn't evoke the same qualtiy within me as Gnarles' and Lamontagne's versions do.



This is the first time I've heard this cover, and I like it, but I think it is a bit slow. It lacks some of the urgency that I find in the original. I like that the music is recognizable, but unique.



O.O



My comments of Shira Gavrielov are very similar for those of Katie Noonan, except I feel she lacks passion. Something.



egh, It is very poppy. What's with the scratchy record sound? Maybe this just isn't song girls should sing?



And of course, if anyone is going to make me eat my words, it is Cat Power. So there's that. And by That, I mean, she's amazing. I wish the quality was better, it was longer, she had a little more music behind her, but regardless, it has everything it needs. I'm going to stop while I'm ahead.

Edit: I found another one.



Gnarles, Ray and Mz Power still win my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! It is a bit one-sided at the moment...