Monday, August 30, 2010

Apartment 403

So, I have Internet. Hello Internet, yes, I’ve missed you too.

I’ve spent the better part of the last week settling into my new apartment and shopping for all manner of necessary but rather boring things. I’m pretty happy with the way things are thus far, except perhaps for the notable lack of seats.

This was fixed today when my futon showed up. Today feels sort of important. It is the first day of classes, the last day of the week allotted to me to “settle in” and the beginning of the time where I have to start being serious. Helpfully, the futon did in fact show up. It doesn’t quite tie the room together like a rug, but it does help a lot.

And starting today, and due mostly to the fact that I have been here a week now, apartment 403 feels like home. There are still things to buy to round it out (I need a dish strainer and something to stand on when I get out of the shower) but my things are here and I’ve learned how to live in this space. To a very large extent, I’ve learned how to clean this space, and what it takes to navigate it. I’m comfortable alone here. It feels right.

I will however, look forward to the ability to cook more than two eggs on my stovetop.

1 comment:

Join the conversation! It is a bit one-sided at the moment...