Saturday, September 21, 2013

Time Travel: Penguins

Time Travel: Life got a bit away from me this summer. I have been working on finishing up school, and with the addition of my lovely almost full time job, I haven't much time for anything else. Posts with the Time Travel disclosure were posted well after I intended to post them (and not always at the right time). Sorry!

So, you're probably wondering what my favorite part of visiting Calgary was, right? Well, I'll tell you. It was the penguins.


There isn't much of a point posting more pictures, because the lighting just wasn't great. However, I cannot emphasize enough how cool seeing the penguins was. We visited twice, and over post visits spent at least three hours with the penguins.

The Calgary Zoo has a plunge exhibit modeled after the St. Louis Zoo's penguin plunge. They have four breeds of penguins, the Gentoo, which are small and smart. The Rockhoppers, which have orange old man eyebrows. The Kings, second in size only to the emperor penguins, and who like to follow each other as you can see above. They also have Humbolt penguins which were outside, and not loving the heat that much.

This was just too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! It is a bit one-sided at the moment...