Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rollercon! or Vegas baby!

I am ready. I think. My bags are all but packed, I have a pile of clothes ready and waiting for me to put on in the morning, my bearings and wheels have been cleaned and lubricated (both indoor and outdoor, mind you), my USARS paperwork is printed, I'm waging an epic battle against the family printer to spit out my hotel reservation information as we speak, (It made a noise! It's giving in!), my boat reservations have been made, the car is waiting for me to drive it, and I'm still freaked out.

Rollercon is not a cheap date. I'll be away from work for a week, the pass cost me almost $200, there is the room, food, and the vendors... and I'm worried I'm not going to make enough of it. I'm worried I'm going to be overwhelmed by the crush of people and not see enough of what I want to see and learn enough to make the trip worthwhile.

It will be awesome, I'm sure of it. It will be great, and I'm going to enjoy myself. It's vegas, baby, how could I not have fun?

A side effect of my awesome trip is that I will be gone and not post for a week. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! It is a bit one-sided at the moment...